Friday, March 28, 2014

Look Who's Walking!

He took his first steps the week of his first birthday and then showed no interest for several weeks.  I mean, why walk when you have sisters to carry you!? :o)   Mariah is ALWAYS there to pick him up!
 
 
 This past Tuesday something clicked.  He just took off.  His problem now is that he tries to run.  He will take several steps and get to going so fast that he falls down and crawls.  It is so cute.  I love toddlers!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It has been crazy around here lately.  Trying to finish up with the majority of our home schooling so we can test the end of April.  Matthew is finishing his second semester in college at the same time as finishing his senior year of home school.  I will be really glad when that is all behind him.  He is gearing up for his second year of college.  McKenzie is extremely busy with all of the things she is involved with on top of wedding planning.  Wedding planning............ that is a post in itself! :o)
We just finished up our year of home school co-op classes.  Madeline, Mariah and Malachi all took two semesters.  It was a pretty good experience for them.  The girls expanded a lot of skills like sewing, quilting and crocheting.  I am glad we are finished for the year though.

Tonight we had the year end "Family Night" program.  We all loaded up (in the rain) to go watch the program and see all of the projects the kids made this year.  It made me a little bit sad looking at my oldest two and wondering where the years went.  It seemed like they should be my "big kids" at co-op instead of Madeline.  Of course, technically Matthew could have been in the co-op classes this year if he hadn't done college dual enrollment.  Part of me wishes we had just done a normal senior year with him.  I know he is glad that he has a years worth of his core classes out of the way, but still...... they grow up so fast!  This fall McKenzie will be married and Matthew will be even busier than he is now with college and work.  I am very proud of the two of them.  They make me crazy sometimes (like when Matthew forgets that it is trash day and we have an overflowing can outside! I mean.... he HAS been taking out the trash since he was seven!) but I love them fiercely!  I was talking about motherhood with another mom the other day.  She described loving your child so much that it hurts.  Yep, I get it.  I think when you look at this young adult that you have raised all of these years, it's like their whole childhood seems so fast.  You have so many memories and when they were small it seemed they would be here forever.  Then all of a sudden you realize your years of pouring into them and helping to mold them are almost over.  It makes you proud of what they have become and sad all at the same time.

Well that was a random post.  It's been a long day and we are in for a long weekend.  Guess I should head to bed! :o)

Good night!

No comments: