Saturday, December 21, 2013

Birthday and other random things.

Yesterday was my birthday and it was a very peaceful day.  I woke up to a card from Mariah asking me what I wanted for breakfast.  She fixed me Ezekiel toast and vitamin water. :o)  I went for a run and then just hung out around the house for a while.  The weather has been perfect lately, as in windows open perfect!

 Marc surprised me and had an appointment at the health food store for me to go and have a massage.  I left thinking that I would go do a couple of errands after I was finished.  The lady that did the massage (it was wonderful!) asked if I minded her messing my hair up a little.  I told her no thinking she was just going to clip it out of her way.  She massaged my head (A LOT!) with her greasy fingers!  When I got finished I looked in the mirror and about died! :o)  I threw it back into a greasy pony tail and headed home for my second shower.  The picture above  is after I washed it and it still looked greasy!

McKenzie (with the help of the other two girls) worked all day in the kitchen.  We had the most wonderful salad with chicken and everything else you can imagine on it,  homemade raspberry vinaigrette dressing and homemade garlic rolls.  She also made this beautiful (and yummy!) chocolate cake.  It is so nice having a grown daughter.  She is a blessing to our family in so many ways.


All of the children showered me with very thoughtful presents.  It is always so sweet to see what they pick out.  Daniel (McKenzie's boyfriend) came for the evening too.  He just seems like one of the kids to us now.   He has been around enough that he sees what we are really like. :o)  It can be a zoo around here sometimes.   He is a pretty special fellow.  After cake and ice cream the little boys went to bed and the older kids piled up and watched movies.  It was a good day!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Here are some random December pictures.

 
  I love pictures of the kids in front of the Christmas tree each year.

 
Matthew is so sweet with his little brothers.
 
 
My Christmas shopping is completely finished!  We have some baking still to do and food to fix for Christmas Eve and day.  My sister and her family will be coming Christmas Eve and will be bringing my dad.  Madeline has been asked to play at a Christmas Eve service at a church in town.  Other than that, it should be a pretty quiet next few days!

1 comment:

Sharon said...


Happy Birthday! What a sweet family with creative gifts. :)

You don't have to publish this, but here is the link for the sermon I mentioned.
http://crookedcreekbaptistchurch.org/?page_id=62
Go to Sunday morning Dec 15 (Tom Miles)
Even though he only focused on one aspect of God, I was blessed.
It is helpful to know before you listen that "Miss Bonnie" (his wife)was found to have dangerously low blood platelets two weeks before this sermon. (even if she bleeds from brushing her teeth she is in danger of bleeding to death.)
Have a blessed Christmas!