Saturday, January 12, 2013

Bedroom Makeover....

We have been busy trying to get projects done around the house.  I have been in nesting mode for over a month!  In December, Marc got a new pistol.......... and I got to re-do our bedroom! :o)  I didn't think to take before pictures, but here are the after ones.
 The walls were mustard yellow before and the bedding was a dark floral. I was REALLY tired of it!  The walls are khaki now and the bedding is a light olive green.  We still want to replace the ceiling fan.

The kids bought the above picture for Marc for his birthday.


  McKenzie talked me into the pillows.  She wants to try to make one of the white ones for her bed.
Another cool sign from Hobby Lobby.  I love that store!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Baby update..........
Went to see my midwife yesterday and everything is good.  I am already starting to dilate. :o)  I know.... I can walk around like that for weeks, but it still made me feel like there is some progress!  The baby is low and head down now.  That was a concern for a while because it seemed to like to lay off to the side a little bit.  I lost a pound, which was just fine with me! :o)  My belly feels very big and sore by evening.  In some ways I am ready for it to be over and in some ways I am cherishing every minute.  I have long hard labors and I am really dreading it.  Several of my babies have had little "glitches" at birth, so I am a little anxious about that.  It would be really nice for everything to go smoothly this time!
Thanks for the name ideas!  I think we have narrowed it down to about four. :o)
I will update as I have more news!

2 comments:

Whiddon Family said...

Awww, your room looks great! Love the pillows! Hope all y'all are doing well, and if y'all are ever in our area, please stop by! God bless,
Nina W.

The Pauls' Family said...

Love the wall hangings in your bedroom! So pretty! It all looks great!

I too have long hard labors, and I have to focus on the end result to get me through! I also have learned that dwelling on it before hand gets me nowhere but anxious! Praying that all will go well for you as you prepare to meet this tiny little bundle!