Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A visit with grandpa...

We have been going back and forth to my dad's every week trying to get his house ready to sell and taking care of him. This past weekend we went on Friday and spent the weekend with him for my mom's birthday. McKenzie and I were pretty much bawling when we went into his house. I would have given anything to have been walking in with a birthday present in my hand to give to my mom! My dad was pretty blue too, but considering his loss he is doing well.

The pool is great for the kids while I get work done!



McKenzie watching the kids swim while trying to get some of her herbal studies done.



Myles




I tried to take lots of pictures. For several years I would always wonder if that would be the last summer at my parent's house. It is very sad knowing that this is it. All of my children went to that house as newborns, had spend the nights, spent all of their holidays there, learned how to swim..... I just can't imagine not going there!



McKenzie always fusses that I am never in pictures. I never like pictures of myself... that might be why I don't post them. :o)



We always have to do jumping pictures off the diving board. :o)



Malachi showing off his "muscles"! He swims great without them but still likes that security in the deep end. His out going personality is deceiving. He is by far my most cautious boy!



Mariah "helping" Pa do his exercises.




Sweet.



My dad loves his flowers!



I don't want to forget any details of this house. So many memories made here.




He seems to always be hanging on one of his sisters! :o)




On Friday we wanted to do something special in remembrance of my mom's birthday. We took her beautiful winter coat that she had just gotten at Christmas to a sweet friend of hers and donated money to the crisis pregnancy center where my mom was the director for years. I wanted to do something for my dad too. I found this neat little sign that said, "May the LORD watch between you and me when we are absent one from the other. " Genesis 31:49 I told him it was for his new house. He teared up when he read it and said, "That is special." We took him out to eat that night. Everything is so sad though. As we parked in the parking lot and went into the restaurant I couldn't help but think of the times that he and my mom went in there. I know he had to be thinking that too.









It has always made me sad when we would leave my parent's house as they got older. Now it is really hard leaving him standing there alone.

1 comment:

Donna said...

My heart hurts with yours...but Marcy, think more on the good times not the pain of the present. God has given your Dad the grace to keep going. He has lots of grand kids to love with a double portion now, for himself
AND for Mrs. Judy... He seems up to the task. So glad you are able to be there with him and to help him. Praying for you each step of the way.