Friday, June 22, 2012

Children

"Some would gather money, along the path of life. Some would gather roses and rest from earthly strife. But I would gather children from among the thorns of sin; I would seek a golden curl and a freckled, toothless grin. For money cannot enter into the land of endless day. And roses that are gathered, soon will wilt along the way. But, oh, the laughing children, as I cross the sunset sea, and the gates swing wide to heaven. I can take them in with me."

This poem was found in the back of one of my mom's Bibles. It summed up my mom and what was important to her. She loved her family and especially her grandchildren! I remember years ago a friend of mine telling me that her mother would have a negative remark every time she would tell her she was pregnant again. My mom was always thrilled when one of us would announce that we were pregnant. My mom had hoped to live to see each one of her grandchildren come to know the Lord as their saviour. There are still young ones that haven't made that decision yet and others hopefully to be born. That makes me sad that she won't get to witness that here on earth. But what a wonderful family reunion we will all have one day! My sister made a comment the other day that her thoughts of heaven are so much sweeter thinking of our mom being there. I look forward to the day that we are all there together!

1 comment:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Great post.... and I too look forward to the day that we are together again with our loved ones.