Saturday, July 31, 2010

Where has the summer gone?

Splish splash I was taking a bath...
Trying to get a drink...

He loves the water! (Hmmm... I think it is time for his first haircut!)

Now that Myles is on the move, there is no sitting him down on the floor. He was waiting patiently for me to swap laundry!

We have "put up" (Kellie... this one is for you!) tons of peaches in the freezer. I don't care for canned peaches but didn't want to keep filling up freezer space. We decided to can peach pie filling. I think it turned out good and we are looking forward to using it this fall and winter. (Thanks Susan for the inspiration!:>)
Normally by this time of the summer I am ready to get back into a routine and start school. We all seem to do better with a routine. It seems like we just finished the school year and now it is time to start again! I guess it didn't help that we had things we had to work on all summer. I have been gathering books and supplies since April for this coming school year. I buy a lot of my stuff at the annual home school convention in May. We like good books, so I usually choose curriculum that has lots of reading incorporated into it. I didn't realize until today (yes, we are starting THIS Monday) that I can't locate the Biology book that McKenzie used (and Matthew needs this year!), and that I have a whole list of books that Matthew needs for his History/Literature program! Talk about organized!
I do have most everything ready to go though. I have a crate for each one of the children with their stuff in it. I keep all of my "teacher" stuff in another spot for my teaching and grading. I thrive under organization! Clutter makes me crazy (and grouchy!) In our quest searching for the Biology book I discovered that there are tons of school books that need to GO!
Matthew will be doing Biology and McKenzie will be doing Anatomy and Physiology. They both have dissections to do this year, including a fetal pig! I am not looking forward to it!


Well, I guess I better go help find the missing Biology book!

1 comment:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I love the bath pictures... priceless!

Do you guys have a peach tree? I wish we had some fruit trees on our property. Maybe one day!

FYI - you may want to check out http://www.cash4books.net/index.php?ref=89991 for those books you are getting rid of. They buy books and pay for the shipping... they don't pay much for the books but every little bit adds up...

BTW - were you able to accomplish the things on your summer to do list?