Sunday, December 10, 2017

Legacy of Lights

This past week was Marc's last business trip for 2017 and it was held at a lodge on a beautiful lake. Madeline had to work and Mariah had violin lessons and an orthodontic appointment, so we took the three little boys with us.  I didn't realize until we were on the road that it appeared Macheus was getting sick. McKenzie's babies had RSV the week before so I knew that was probably what he was coning down with. Thankfully, it isn't as rough on bigger kids.
 

My nights were pretty sleepless because he couldn't breath.  This was what my bed looked like. ;)


During the day he perked up and tried to have fun.  The boys enjoyed the trails and playing around the lake's edge.


The lobby in the lodge was decorated beautifully for Christmas. They had a little "letters to Santa" station set up for the kids.  So cute....


This was a Christmas scene made out of sugar/candy.


Myles was so sweet.  Because we don't really "do" Santa they didn't get the idea of telling Santa what they wanted for Christmas, so he asked him how he was doing in his letter. :)


                                            Boys.... belong outside!!!


Both nights that we were there we drove through the "Legacy of Lights" display.  It was very pretty!



He was a little unsure of being on the dock at first.  They quickly got used to it and started wresting each other.  I decided it was time to get off at that point!


Can you tell the free spirit in the picture? :)



They had "Santa's workshop" set up and the boys got to go see him.  I have no idea what Macheus was saying to him, but Santa kept laughing. Mac tried to leave and he called him back to talk some more.  No telling what he told him!


These boys make my life extremely loud, messy and fun!


                                                   My babes!


 
Myles: "Look, mommy!  I wrote your name!"  (Spelled m-o-m-m-e!)
 



"Take my picture by this light.  That will look good."


It didn't take them long to get dirty...... AND wet!




                                                    King of the mountain!


                                                            "We found a cave!"


                                                 "Look at my artifacts!"  #homeschooled





Myles has always been so sweet with Macheus. I hope they will always be this close!





                                                      Getting a little brave!




 I was so glad to get home and I don't think I will be leaving town again before Christmas!  Hope you all are having a peaceful Christmas season!

~Until next time....


No comments: