Friday, December 22, 2017

Friday night ramblings....

 I cannot believe that Christmas is now two days away! I am finished with my shopping and most everything we wanted to do has been done.  Madeline and I went to Aldi this evening to get a bulk of our groceries bought, but tomorrow will probably be a last minute run to grab a few forgotten items!
 

Last week we had our church Christmas lunch after the service.  The kids enjoyed making a gumdrop Christmas tree.


Our pastor's wife made each child an old-fashioned Christmas bag with fruit and a candy cane.  She wanted them to see what she got when she was a child.  My kids were thrilled because they got a treat that their mama actually let them keep! :)

 
Every year we either bake a huge gingerbread man to decorate, or I just buy a house kit.  This year we opted for the house kit. Downside is they don't get to eat it, the upside for me was that it was simple! They had fun putting it together though!
 

Malachi was pretty serious about it this year.  He actually did a pretty good job! :)




Sweet little Elizabeth spent the day with us while her mommy did her last photography shoot of the season!  Her business has boomed this fall!


Marc had to work late last night so the girls and a few church friends went with me to take the boys to see Santa. I wanted to get a cute picture of them with him, and I needed a few more Christmas presents.


Bass Pro has such a cute set up for Christmas.  The kids had fun!



Malachi was tired of me taking pictures.




Macheus told the Santa he saw a few weeks ago all about his "Gap hats".  (He wears baseball caps from the Gap every day!)  Santa was laughing so I'm not sure what all he said, but Malachi heard Santa ask him if he wanted another one. Apparently, Mac told him "no thanks".  The next day I overheard Myles and Mac talking next to the Christmas tree and they must've seen a Gap hat down in one of the gift bags. (Yes, I bought him a new one.)  I heard Macheus say, "I TOLD him I didn't need another one."  Soooo funny!


Thankful for our sweet church friends!


The girls humored me with a picture with Santa too!





Macheus was trying to figure out how the package was moving.


The other evening I took Macheus by one of the big light displays in our town.  At the end of it there is a nativity.  He told me to stop and he started singing "Away in The Manger".  It was precious.


Well, it is very late and I need to go to bed. (Not proofreading... so sorry for typos.)
  When I have a lot going on, it is hard for me to unwind and go to bed. I will regret it in the morning when I need to get up early and go running!  Just a couple more busy days and Christmas will be here! Trying to soak up these moments with these sweet kiddos!

~Good night

No comments: