Sunday, January 15, 2017

This and that...


 We are well into the new year!  We, as a family, always sit down and write out our goals.  We usually have an evening during our family worship time that we share with each other so that we can hold each other accountable.  I've never liked the word "resolution".  It just seems like I'm doomed to  fail if I call them my "resolutions". :)  I like "goals" better.  Seems more attainable.  I guess I'm just mental that way.  A few of my personal goals were to eat healthier, cut out sugar and to drink more water!  I don't have a hard time eating healthy, but I just like to have sugar too! :)  One of the easiest things that we do every day is to drink a smoothie.  It is so easy to get things in that way!  My little guys even love their smoothies!  (Vitamix is a must have!   It makes it so much more palatable!)



Exercise is the easiest part for me.  I've been a pretty serious runner for over two decades now.  This year I want to try to mix in something different.  We are blessed to live out in the country, so I have beautiful views while I run!

 
This is a front porch view one evening at our house.
 

                                                         Gorgeous!!!


These sweet little babies were born election night.  We will keep the girl on the right, but getting ready to sell the little male on the left.  We have to come up with a name for her so we can register her.  Our dairy goats always have a plant/flower/herb name.  Suggestions?  Her mother's name is "Pollard's Plantation Poppy".  The baby takes on the name of the farm they are born on, so her name will be "Pecan Pastures......"  We just need a third name for her.  It will be what she is called.  Feel free to leave a comment and help us name her! :)

 
This little angel spent several days with us while her daddy was traveling this week!  He has to work out of town again this week, but she and her mommy will travel with him.  We are going to miss her!
 

Well, another one of my goals was to start getting in the bed at a decent time!  I guess I should head that way!

~Until next time.....

No comments: