Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy Birthday, Mariah Noel!

Happy Birthday to our New Year's baby!  Fourteen years ago today, on a very cold wintery night we drove 45 minutes in the rain to the hospital to meet my midwife.  I had been laboring all day at home determined to stay with Matthew on his birthday.  As things progressed that evening, I tucked them into bed and left them with my mom.  Mariah didn't make it before midnight to share a birthday with her brother, but was determined to have her own! :)  She was the first baby born at our hospital and the second in the county!


Mariah is my high energy, "get it done" girl!  As she gets older, she is becoming such a help to me! She sees things like I do.  We both share a "minimalist" personality, and like to clean up and throw out! :)


Her birthday fell on a Sunday, so it wasn't a typical birthday.  It was a yucky rainy day, and we spent the better part of it at church.  When we got home that evening I fixed her an Oreo milkshake! (She is like her mama in that regard too!)


Matthew and Madeline gave her some new boots, and we gave her a video camera.  She has wanted one forever!  McKenzie stopped by that evening to give her a present.  Us girls are planning a girls' night out next week to celebrate her birthday.!  I love that all of my girls enjoy spending time together.  I've always told them when you have each other, you have built in best friends!

 
I love you "Lou"! I pray that this is a year of much spiritual growth and blessing in your life!
 
"Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
    Nor stands in the path of sinners,
    Nor sits in the seat of the scornful;
But his delight is in the law of the Lord,
    And in His law he meditates day and night.
He shall be like a tree
    Planted by the rivers of water,
    That brings forth its fruit in its season,
    Whose leaf also shall not wither;
And whatever he does shall prosper."
Psalm 1:1-3
 

No comments: