Friday, December 30, 2016

Christmas with Family

Christmas Eve McKenzie, Daniel and Elizabeth came over.  My dad spent the day and evening with us too!  The kids all did their exchanging of gifts.  It is one of my favorite parts of Christmas.  They all put so much thought into their presents for each other.
 

                                      Madeline and Matthew being goofy. :)


We ate pizza, a big healthy salad! and lots of sweets that the girls were busy making all day.  We made ambrosia, several kinds of Christmas cookies and key lime pies!

 
The two "littles" pooped out of the party!
 
 
When everyone had gone home or had gone to bed, I finally got the stockings filled!  I remember my mom spending so much time filling stockings for all of the grandchildren.  She had so much fun doing it.  I told McKenzie once she had children I wasn't filling one for her or Daniel anymore.  Well.... as Christmas approached, I just couldn't NOT do stockings for them! 
 
 
Our kids got up and opened their stockings early.
 





Madeline didn't like that Marc and I didn't have stockings filled, so she did them.  She is always such a thoughtful girl and loves the "extras'! :)


We finished up with stockings and then the kids got their chores done.  We were waiting for Daniel and McKenzie to have Christmas with Elizabeth at home, and then they were going to pick up grandpa and come back over.


Mimi filled Elizabeth's first stocking!  I had so much fun getting little hair bows, headbands, baby toothbrushes and my favorite board books!


Winnie The Pooh!  My absolute favorite early childhood book to read aloud to my little ones.  I remember the year that Mariah got hers for Christmas!  Let the reading begin!!!


I found the coolest sewing kits for these two.  I got a quilt kit for McKenzie and a pillow kit for Mariah.  The fabric was beautiful!  Can't wait to see their projects!


He wanted a remote control helicopter.  I think everyone has had fun with this!


 
His favorite present this year was probably his gun holster.  Turning 21 means getting your carrying permit!



Every year the littlest ones have that one present that is their favorite.  Once they open it, they would be content to be finished! :)



They are truly adults now!  An Instant Pot for Christmas! :)  (They did get some fun stuff too though.)

Sweet Lil'  Lizzy opening up her presents!  She was more interested in watching everyone around her.


The weather was amazing Christmas day!  We wore shorts!  Some of us went out for a run!



After we had opened presents just us girls took off and went to McKenzie and Daniel's land that they will start building on soon!  We romped and looked at the creek that runs through their property.


I love these girls!

Well, that was a peek into our Christmas!  It was lots of fun and good memories were made.  I'm always a little sad when it is over thinking of another one of my kids' Christmases is over, but relieved at the same time.  The busyness of the season gets tiring after a while!

~Until next time....

No comments: