Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Christmas Season

Another Christmas season has come and gone.  Each year I strive to be less "busy" doing things I don't want to do, and focus on the most important parts of the season.  While it wasn't as perfect as I had hoped... I do have some sweet memories from this month!
 

 I start the Christmas season off each year with Black Friday shopping with all of my girls.  It isn't so much about buying stuff and getting great deals as it is just a fun day together!   I also take each child out Christmas shopping by themselves.  Matthew actually drove me this year! :)


Madeline is always so good about doing the "extras" with the boys. I'm at a stage in my life right now that I don't always have time to do those things. I love that she is always willing to do them!  She made a whole wheat ginger bread man for them to decorate!


They had fun decorating and eating!




 Marc and I took the boys out one evening and we went to Bass Pro to see Santa!

 

Macheus was so nervous about seeing him, but no tears!


We have never told our kids that Santa comes to our house.  We tell them the story of St. Nick and that the idea of Santa Claus came from that.  I've never thought there was anything "evil" about letting a child go have their picture taken with the "big fat man in the red suit"! :)  Even our three year old can tell you the true meaning of Christmas! :)


This Santa was so sweet!  He talked to each one of the boys and told them he loved them.  Myles turned around and told him he loved him too.  So sweet....



They have tons of free activities for the kids!  It was a full evening for sure!


 



I know the years of Malachi wanting to do all of this are coming to an end.  :(



Marc spent one day taking treats around town with the kids.


They met a World War 2 Veteran and an old missionary!  Kind of sobering to think of two people that probably sacrificed so much and now sitting in a nursing home. :(



 Myles' night out to eat and Christmas shopping with me was full of laughter!


His choice for dinner?  Chick- fil -A of course!


I took him to look at lights on the way home.  There is a huge display in our small town and it has the music synchronized to the lights.  He had the window down and then decided we should ride home with  them down and Christmas music playing!  I had the heat pouring out on me! :)

 
I have had many nativity sets over the years!  I have always let my kids play with them, so I have multiple pieces that they set up.  Myles had so much fun over Christmas playing with them.
 


Well, by biggest "boy" is home from work. I think that will be it for this post!  I will post the rest of my Christmas pictures next time!  Headed to bed!
~Goodnight

No comments: