Sunday, May 8, 2016

Mother's Day 2016

We were out really late last night and I didn't get into the bed until the wee hours of the morning.  We had already decided to spend a quiet day at home, and do some things in the yard we had been wanting/needing to get done.
I somehow didn't hear the noise this morning and managed to sleep in.  I woke up to little notes laying all over my bed and a vase of wildflowers on my nightstand.
 

Madeline and Mariah fixed all of my favorite light "summery" foods for lunch.  Everything looked so pretty and I didn't have to do a thing!


They made yummy raspberry lemon tea!


Nothing better than a fruit bowl this time of year!


Daniel was on call for work this weekend so after he had a job they picked up grandpa and came over.


Madeline had tossed a few rolls of paper towels down the stairs from storage and Macheus and Myles decided it was there for them to play with.  We laughed because my dad just sat there and watched them make a mess.  He was never a very good babysitter. :o)

 
My sweet Matthew gave me a beautiful flower pot filled with lots of gardening things. The thought that goes into things like this is so precious.


McKenzie took one of my mom's recipes that was in her handwriting and had it put onto a plate.  Homemade ice cream is one of our family favorites.  When my mom's health started to fail she always wanted me to make it when I would be at her house on Sundays.  I would be so tired on some Sundays and wouldn't want to do it, but I am so glad that I did now!  This is the "original" recipe but when I got pregnant with McKenzie my mom started leaving the eggs out.  We never put them in there again.


This is a retro hand crank ice cream churn that my mom bought for my dad a few years before she died.  We had an electric churn going in the house, but we made another one in his churn for him.  I think he turned it for a minute. :o)


It is sweet to see Madeline and Mariah step up since McKenzie has gotten married.  They always work hard to make things special.  I love having my girls!


Macheus was amazed that we gave him a big cup of ice cream!


This is a horrible picture but Myles loves to take "selfies" with me.  I ended my day with an evening walk and now Madeline is getting ready to rub my feet with lotion that Mariah bought for me.

 I sure do love all of my children.  I don't think you really grasp how much a mama loves her children until you become a mom yourself.  I am humbled sometimes when I think of the love God showed me by giving me seven precious lives to shape and mold.  It is a really hard job sometimes, but there is nothing in this world I would rather do!


No comments: