Thursday, May 12, 2016

Every spring the state home school conference is my "shot in the arm" to keep on keeping on!  I started going when McKenzie was six years old!  I went with friends my first year and it was so inspirational that I took Marc the next year.  It is always a highlight of our spring.  This year we planned on going together until he found out that Steve Farrar was holding a men's conference a few hours from us.  He loaded up with Matthew, Malachi and some friends and went to that.  I needed some buddies to tag along with me, so McKenzie, Madeline and Macheus  joined me this year!
 

We had a ball together!  We packed our lunch and took off really early. 
 

We were so excited to get to meet "Miss Patty Cake" in person!  Matthew and Madeline loved her when they were little!  Macheus has watched some of her movies, but now he likes them even better.  She was such a sweet lady, and so good with little ones.


A highlight for all of us was getting to hear Ken Ham!  I think we went to every one of his sessions! :o)  Madeline was able to talk to him after one of the sessions and shared with him how difficult it has been to be in a secular college, but how thankful she is for his resources that she has read over the years.  She definitely has a solid foundation and AIG has been a big part of that!


Here we go again!  I have taught Saxon Math from 1st to 5th grade with all of my kiddos.  Starting up with Myles in Saxon 1 this fall!


My sister shared Explode The Code with me a couple of years ago.  They have been great with my "slower to read" child.  It gives them some independent work, and they gain confidence with their reading. He went from hardly being able to read anything to devouring chapter books this year!

 
Getting some "Miss Patty Cake" love.


He cried so hard when we would take him away from her booth. :o)


                                                        :o)


 
Dinner break at Chipolte!
 

Madeline is reading good books to help counteract the evolutionist garbage in her college textbooks.
She has even been able to share some of her stuff with her professor.

 
The hotel had an indoor pool that the kids got to enjoy that evening and the next morning.  Me?  I just wanted to sleep! :o)
 
 
By Saturday evening we were pooped.  You listen to so many good speakers and then you get to the point that you just can't take anything else in. 
 
 

I got all of my curriculum for next year and bought lots of other good books and educational "stuff".  I'm winding down our current school year and looking forward to a break this summer!

I'm very thankful for the privilege to teach my children at home.  It is not always easy and some days it is downright hard!  Having two grown children though, I can say it is well worth the sacrifice!

"You shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise." Deuteronomy 11:!9

No comments: