Thursday, May 26, 2016

Fireplace Makeover

When we bought our home eleven years ago one of the things Marc loved.... I did not. :o)  The house is a Southern Living plan and the couple that built it did a few changes.  This massive fireplace is one of those changes.
 

It has always been so huge and dark!  I have wanted to paint it the whole time we have lived here, and this spring I finally took the plunge!

 
I decided against painting it a solid white.  I liked the whitewashed look better.  Our house is in the country and looks like an old farmhouse.  I try to keep with that look when we make updates.
 
 
 

 
Wish I had done it a long time ago!  I have lots more projects I hope to get done this summer, but at least this one can be crossed off my list!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Looks great! I love the whitewashed look. I painted our fireplace many years ago, but it wasn't brick, it was ceramic tile. It was an ugly beige and I wanted a stark white in our Florida condo. It was a process, but I was so glad I did it.