Friday, November 6, 2015

Friday night ramblings...

It has been a crazy week!  Some of it was good and some of it was just way too  hectic!
We got back from our trip to Atlanta and I thought I would have Thursday to recover.  I checked the calendar (I live by my calendar!) and realized I had a doctors appointment!  I thought about canceling it, but our annual checkups are the ONLY thing our insurance is good for!  It covers the entire family 100% for well appointments. (It is the other stuff that they stick you with!)
I got up Thursday morning and started my morning routine of laundry, mopping and starting kids on school work.  I darted out the door to run and by the time I got back I had to shower and head to my appointment.  That pretty much ate up the day.  Today I had to babysit for a little boy I keep some.  He isn't any trouble (besides being another BOY in the house!) and it is nice to have some spending money! :o)  All of the boys were pretty wild today. Not sure how much of it was them or me being tired from the crazy week, but it was a zoo all morning.  When the grandparents picked him up I headed to town to run some errands by myself.  We have been looking at flooring options and I was headed to a flooring store that was going out of business to purchase some carpet.  After I wrote the check I went to the van and changed my mind!  I had tried to tell  myself that I liked it because it was going to save us about $500 on the job, but it was much lighter than I really wanted.  I felt like an idiot, but I marched back in a minute later and told them I changed my mind!  I had really had it by that point and I called Marc and told him I wanted to go have a pedicure!  He told me to go ahead and Madeline got supper fixed.  While I was having my nails done Marc called to tell me one of our goats died today.  We aren't sure what happened, but she either ate something poisonous or choked.  Anyone that says goats have iron stomachs and can eat anything have never owned goats!  They can be fine one minute and dead the next!  Unfortunately, it was one of our better goats.  Just thankful it wasn't one of our registered ones!
 
 


We love pumpkin bread in the fall, but I get tired of the chocolate chips in them sometimes.  I found this recipe a few months ago and we all love them!  I like using coconut oil as much as I can.

Ingredients:
  • 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
  • 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 15 ounce can pure pumpkin puree
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Mix wet ingredients and then add dry.  Bake in greased muffin pan 20 minutes on 375.
Ingredients:
 
*I used fresh ground whole what and sucanat in mine.  I want to try it with coconut flour next time and see how it turns out.   The picture makes them look dry but they were not.
 


If you have ever read any of the "Carl" books, these two remind me so much of them!


Well, I think I am going to go crawl in my bed and read!  Hope you all have a fabulous weekend and here's hoping next week is calmer around here! :o)

Goodnight!

No comments: