Tuesday, November 24, 2015

A little getaway

Last week we were able to escape reality for a few days.  Madeline got left behind last time so she got to go on this trip.  We took Macheus and Malachi with us too.  We went to St. Simons and stayed in a beautiful place right on the beach.  We arrived in the evening and this was the view from our balcony.
 
 
The weather could not have been more perfect!  It was in the seventies during the day and at night we were comfortable in a light sweater.  I do NOT like winter!  I am not one that likes to be "cozy" and sit inside by the fire sipping hot tea.  I would much rather be outside running, hiking, taking walks or digging in the dirt!  I really soaked up the sun knowing that when I got home it wouldn't be long before the colder temperatures arrived!



The kids did their school work in the morning and then we played all afternoon!



They enjoyed the giant sandbox by the pools.





I think Macheus got in the water more than any of us!



We always love walking the pier on St. Simons.






This bird was not the least bit scared of us. 



I love lighthouses!
 
                                      



 Bless her heart.... she rarely goes anywhere without one of her school books with her.  This was a much needed break for her though.  I think it was just mentally relaxing for her to get away.  She is wrapping up her second quarter of college!





Such a busy little boy!






Malachi loves building anything!  His grandpa is convinced he is going to be a brilliant architect one day! :o)









This was taken on one of my morning runs with my iPhone.  I didn't alter the picture at all!  It was really this gorgeous!



Madeline is so sweet and patient with her brothers.




 Trying to focus on school work was a challenge when that was waiting on you!


Taking a drink break during our bike ride.












We biked all over the island!






I was riding along and kept feeling something hit my back.  He had fallen asleep and his helmet kept hitting me in the back. :o)


Our favorite eating spot on the island.... Iguanas!


I ran to the end of the island.  There were a few retired people scattered about, but I mostly had it to myself!











She is my child that looks the most like me. :o)

 
Our last day there I was sitting on the beach digging my toes in the sand and it hit me that Thanksgiving was the next week! I don't think I have ever been to the beach that time of year in my life.  It was so weird to get home and have to jump into "holiday" mode!

Tomorrow my girls and I will be in the kitchen all day long!  Looking forward to making more sweet memories with my family!

~Goodnight!

No comments: