Saturday, September 26, 2015

Adventures...

The weekend of Malachi's birthday Marc had business in Atlanta.  A few of us tagged along for some fun!
 
 
 This was our view from our hotel window.  That is the tallest building in Atlanta.

 
We decided to spend one of our days at the Georgia Aquarium.  We have visited four different aquariums around the southeast and this is by far the best one!
 

Lots of cool interactive learning things to do.


I was surprised at the things that Madeline remembered from our study of ocean life years ago!


Macheus was not impressed with the dork dressed up as a sea horse! :o)



                                                Such amazing creatures!



Macheus stood by the huge tanks just watching in amazement.




One of  my favorite parts was when they let us go upstairs in the "employee area" to see down in the tops of the tanks.  It really puts perspective on how huge the whales are and also how massive the tanks were!

 
Of course, a highlight was getting to go swimming at the hotel!  I didn't get a good picture of the pool, but it was an attached indoor/outdoor pool and was really pretty.  We hung out in the outside part.
 

When Marc and the boys went to bed, Madeline and I hit the gym!

 
A fun place to eat in Atlanta is "Pittypat's Porch".  It looks like an antebellum home and has "Gone With The Wind" paraphernalia everywhere.
 

We ate on the porch overlooking the streets of Atlanta.


Needless to say, Macheus did more sightseeing than eating!


The baker has been there for years.


Madeline puckering up to give Rhett a smooch. :o)  She was so irritated at me when I took this!


Where we were located we were able to walk everywhere we went.  The walk back one evening got a little damp.


 
The day we left we had to make a quick stop at The Varsity.  It is such a nostalgic place for me.  My dad ate there when he was a college student and living downtown Atlanta.  We loved going there as a treat in the summer when I was young and we would come to Georgia to visit my grandparents.  We always take our kids whenever we go to Atlanta.
 



 
I remember my parents telling me about a famous car hop that was there for years.  I actually found stories about him on the internet.

 
Good-by Atlanta!

No comments: