Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Random Ramblings...

It is late and I really should go to bed, but I sure do enjoy this time of night.  The house is quiet and everyone but Matthew is sound asleep.
 
Marc and I went to our Financial Peace class tonight.  We are half way through with it now.  I wish we had learned this stuff when we first got married!  Thankfully, we have never been big spenders and we don't have any debt other than our mortgage.  We refinanced several years ago with a lower interest rate and did a shorter loan.  We signed up for the Dave Ramsey course hoping to get inspired to pay it off even faster and to prepare for the future.  We have learned a lot so far! If you have never been through it, I highly recommend it!
 
                                                                 "cheese"
                                                       

                                                  Hot dog roast with the kids.


This next picture makes me laugh.  One way that I "correct" my children (usually the little boys) is to make them run back and forth out in the front yard.  Myles probably has to do it the most.  Whining, arguing, or fighting amongst themselves is a sure fire way to have to run.  The other day Mariah needed an "attitude adjustment" and I told her to go run.  (She also needed a break from her school work, so it killed two birds with one stone!)  Myles saw her out there, hit the front door and started running too.  It was so cute.  I guess he was encouraging her! :o)


I (like most anyone that gets on the computer) have pondered the pros and cons of social media.  There is the temptation to post and make your life look perfect.  Does anyone have a perfect life?  Then there is the other extreme that seems to be the "cool thing" now of... "keepin' it real".  Where is the balance?  I don't know the answer to that.  I was talking to Marc today about how I used to think it was sad that everyone communicated through e-mail.  Gone were the days of getting a letter in the mail.  I've noticed that even e-mails are getting less and less.  I now get short blurbs through text messaging and facebook messages.  Yes, I stay in closer contact with a lot of people that I probably wouldn't otherwise communicate with, but are these relationships "real"?  I think the younger generation is really missing out on meaningful relationships.  Everything seems so superficial and it makes me sad.  I also think there is a lot of valuable time wasted sharing "life" with people that really don't mean anything to you instead of living it with those that matter the most. 

                              The little boys love when "Bubbie" gets home from school or work!

Well, that was certainly random.  Just some thoughts going through my tired brain tonight.  I guess I should head to bed.  I will have little guys up bright and early in the morning!

Goodnight!

2 comments:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Very well put about social media... this year has been a really hard one for me... probably the hardest one ever and one of the main reasons is learning from experience what a TRUE friend really is.
With Facebook and all we have become so shallow in our friendships. I look at it like an onion. Friendships now a days are top layer friendships but I have learned a TRUE friend digs thru the layers, really gets to know you and is always willing and wanting to help you thru hard times. Not many people like any more. Because of what I have experienced this year with people who I thought were true friends, it makes me take a look at myself and make sure I am being a true friend to others. I want to be a support for someone who is going thru a hard time. I want to be a listening ear and I want to be a TRUE friend who is reliable, loving, encouraging and not superficial. Lots of growth this year in my life!

Mariah's Musings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.