Monday, July 22, 2013

A Getaway....

A couple of weeks ago Macheus and I went along on one of Marc's business trips.  I was hesitant to go because of all that needed to be done at home but I was glad that I did.  The summer has been crazy busy.  I had so many things I wanted to accomplish around my home and very little of it has gotten done.  My sister and I have been busy packing my dad's house up and getting it ready to rent.  It is amazing how much stuff accumulates in fifty years of marriage.  Neither one of them were "throw away" people so it was a huge job!  We got it done this past weekend (except for one more trip I have to make to get some outside stuff.)  It has helped mentally just knowing that his house is empty!  Today I worked on my own house a little bit.  I got our school books cleaned out from last years school and the shelves are almost ready for the new year. (I am NOT ready for school to start back!)  I took a trash bag to the boys room and filled it! I filled our can and I have a big load to take to donate tomorrow.  It feels great to get rid of STUFF!   I have a lot more that I want to get done, but at least it was a start!
Now.... back to the trip.  We stayed in a very nice hotel.  The suite was really big and the bed was wonderful! (I normally don't sleep well away from home, but I slept great!)
 I love my children but it was nice to be able to talk to Marc without any interruptions! :o)
 Sweet little Macheus enjoying the soft bed!  Marc would slip out in the mornings and leave us sleeping.  It was heavenly to sleep right through breakfast!  We got up in the mornings and went to the workout room.  I had that and the pool to myself!  I think the majority of the people staying there were on business.
 This is on the balcony overlooking the inside of the hotel.
 Waking up....
 Headed out for the evening.
 We found a really pretty park to walk at in the evenings.

 Someone called him a girl the other day!  Wonder if I should cut his hair?  I sure don't want to!  What do you think?
Goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad ya'll got to get away!! What a precious and wonderful thing. Lord Bless ya'll.

www.alltheendsoftheworld.blogspot.com said...

I can see why you don't want to cut his hair yet. :) I am nobody of importance but my opinion is- keep him in 'boy' colors and let people say what they will.