Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter 2013

Well, we made it through Easter.... the last "first holiday" since my mom died.  We tried to do traditional things for the younger kids that my mom always did.
Here is the bunny cake.  Not as perfect as grandma's would have been, but the kids had fun making it! :o)
I am pretty sure that Mariah had a mouth full of jelly beans here. :o)
He ate his fair share too.


Coloring eggs.....  I was so glad that we had pretty weather the whole weekend!
His lips are green because he decided to drink the cup of egg dye! 
 


The baskets are filling up the hearth! :o)

Macheus Trust's first Easter basket.  I found the "Trust" stone at Hobby Lobby.

 

 Brown eggs actually look prettier dyed than the white ones!
 He looks so thrilled with his basket! :o)
Beautiful flowers from Marc....


 

 Macheus in his Easter outfit.
We had a busy weekend.  We went to hear a missionary talk about his mission trip on Saturday.  Sunday morning McKenzie went to an assisted living home to do the music for the sunrise service and Marc took a few of the kids to our church for a sunrise service.  I stayed home and got the little boys ready.  We had a breakfast at church and Myles was about to lose his mind because I wouldn't feed him when he got up.  On the way out the door I found this in the kitchen.......

I walked right past it and left for church!  (No, I didn't stop to take a picture.  We took it when we got home. :o)  NEVER a dull moment with little boys!

1 comment:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

Glad you guys had a good time celebrating Easter!