Saturday, July 28, 2012

Celebrating 50 years...

On July 14th, what would have been our parents 50th wedding anniversary, we went to spend the weekend with my dad. The pregnancy center that my mom was the director of for 17 1/2 years celebrated their 20th anniversary that same day. They asked us to come to the celebration because they were dedicating the building in our mom's memory. My sisters and I had planned on having a party for them this summer. This was a good distraction for my dad, but we were all glad when the day was over.


This is the plaque that will be by the front door of the building.



My niece Carrington and Madeline with grandpa.
My girls with one of my mom's best friends and mentor, Mrs. Mildred.

My sister had the idea to release gold balloons in honor of their 50th wedding anniversary.








My dad put his hand in the sky and said, "Happy Anniversary", it was sweet and very sad.




No comments: