Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Life marches on...

We have been very busy since the death of my mom. Busyness kind of puts the grieving on hold. My dad doesn't need to be by himself much so one of my sisters and I have been going back and forth staying at his house and taking him to our houses. Thankfully he is a very easy person to take care of. It has still been very tiring on all of us. We are starting to clean their house out and will be trying to sell it. We are not sure where or what the best living situation will be for him. This is a really tough time for our whole family!


McKenzie decided recently that Myles should have a duck. This is "Mr. Puddles"


The poor thing thinks this is his pond! (Yes, Madeline tethered his foot to the picket fence!:o) We are hoping to release him at a local pond soon. He is eating way too much of our chicken food!


Last night I made an appointment for a much needed haircut. McKenzie and I "escaped" the house for a few hours. It was a much needed break from reality. We went to a Mexican restaurant afterwards to eat dinner. My mom loved Mexican and we immediately started reminiscing about her. I ended up with tears streaming down my face. Our waitress came to fill our water and looked distraught. Sometimes when I am out in public and just can't help the tears I want to scream... "My mom just died!" I definitely realized that I have just been too busy to even think about the fact that she is gone. Some days it just hits harder than others.


This little wooden star was the extent to our Memorial Day celebration. Hoping the summer gets a little better.






My mom died on the opening day of Matthew's baseball season. She was so proud of her "lefty" pitcher. We have taken my dad to several of his games. I think it has been a good distraction for him.
The little guys enjoy playing with the rocks during the games! :o)


Malachi loves his "Pa". He calls him his "Grand Man". This morning at breakfast I overheard him say, "Grandpa, are you an old man?" :o)



Our left-handed pitcher.


Grandpa watching Matthew pitch.




Until next time...

No comments: