Thursday, January 26, 2012

It has been one of those days. I started my day off by fussing at Matthew the minute I saw him this morning. After he left the kitchen to go do chores I turned to my kitchen sink, and there in front of me was a scripture verse that I wrote on an index card.

"Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight O lord, my strength and my redeemer. Psalms 19:14

I love writing verses on cards and taping them to mirrors or sticking them places so that we will see them as we go about our days. Honestly, my motive in doing it is so that my children will read them. But oh how I need to read them every day!

When he came back in the house I asked his forgiveness for being harsh with him. He admitted he had not followed instructions and he was quick to forgive me. I am always humbled at how when I screw up my children are so quick to forgive.

"Because of the LORD’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

I am very thankful that His mercies are new every morning! Now, I need to go to bed so I can get up in the morning and hopefully have more patience with my children than I did today!

No comments: