Saturday, July 9, 2011

Bits and pieces...

It has been SO hot. One evening we were all outside and Myles decided to take a swim! It started off with him just standing there, but it only took a minute and he was diving all over the pool!




Marc and I celebrated our 21st anniversary on June 23rd.








~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



The other night McKenzie was teaching piano lessons and Marc and Matt were gone. Madeline and I went outside to move our baby chick pen to a new spot in the yard. I don't go outside in the evening very often but when I do, I usually see lots of things that need to be done. I walked towards the swing-set to pick up the yard toys. I bent down and there was a big black snake! I freaked out and told Madeline to call daddy and see if he was on his way home. To make a long story short... McKenzie got home before Marc and Matt. The snake started to move and she was brave enough to kill it with a shovel! I know, I know, you shouldn't kill the "good kind" of snakes, but it was where my little ones play! McKenzie wouldn't move the shovel until Marc came home to make sure it was dead. She was shaking like a leaf when he got home!






Mariah wanted to be "brave" too and hold it. (The pictures are blurry probably because I was shaking, but I thought they were funny!)






She quickly threw it down! :o)
My gross son inspected it with bare hands!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
So THAT is where the missing puzzle pieces were!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Whenever one of my little boys gets quiet I always go running. I found Myles helping himself to watermelon with a knife! I ended up watching him for a minute and McKenzie took pictures because he was very carefully cutting a bite and then picking it up with his fingers to eat it. Pretty smart huh!? :o)







~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~





My children at our church 4th of July party.




I am so far behind on pictures this summer. I usually upload them onto the computer, go through them (blog with some), and then upload them to Walmart.com. I print the ones that I like best and label the envelopes with the date and a brief description. I used to immediately put them in albums. Not only do I not have time to do that now, I don't have the room to store that many albums! It works well until I realize that my children are taking hundreds of pictures and then I get overwhelmed! That is one of the many projects I hope to get done before school starts back!

No comments: