Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wednesday night ramblings

I am sitting here past my bedtime waiting for my family to get home. Marc went to men's meeting at church, McKenzie went to visit with friends and Matthew was at church for Scouts. I enjoy Wednesday evenings with my younger children. We try to get chores done, the baby boys to bed and then we do something fun. I was giving Myles a bath and I heard buzzing around in the kitchen. When I came out the girls had the kitchen spotless and this was taped to the door.

We usually have some sort of a treat and watch movies. They told me tonight that I could pick the movie. :>) They gave me some suggestions though! :>) I went in the kitchen to put our ice cream cups in the dishwasher and Mariah hollered out, "Mama, you aren't working are you?" They rubbed my feet with lotion while we watched Little House on The Prairie. They are both so sweet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All of us like to read books together. For the last couple of weeks we have been reading a true story called The Perilous Journey of The Donner Party. Three years before the Gold Rush, 87 pioneers took a shortcut westward to California, only to get caught in the snows of the Sierra Nevada. The emigrants' fateful journey culminated in death and cannibalism. The story was awful but fascinating. They talked about some of the descendents of the families involved in the journey. One girl was taunted at school by other children. They would say, "Don't sit next to Ann, she might eat your arm." My kids thought that was so funny. I am sure it wasn't funny to Ann!

Last night after we finished the last chapter of the book we had "Donner fingers" for supper. I know....... pretty sick! :>)

Well, I am about to fall asleep at the keyboard. I think I will go get in the bed and wait for my family there!
~Goodnight!~

1 comment:

Maddie Grace said...

That is so funny mamma!! Did you have to mention the disgusting "Donner fingers?"LOL!!!

Love you.........