Monday, May 3, 2010

Busy Days

Last Sunday morning we woke up to a broken refrigerator. I hate when anything breaks, but I really hate when the refrigerator is broken! Thankfully we have a freezer in our laundry room and an extra refrigerator in our well house. It was such a pain for almost a whole week to walk back and forth when we needed something. We thought it was the compressor. It ended up only being a relay switch. Our refrigerator is not even five years old yet! Things are made so poorly. Here is McKenzie with a basket full of food bringing it back inside after it was fixed. One positive thing is that we cloroxed the entire inside of it!


I thought this was so funny. It was not a posed picture, they just happened to be lined up. Matthew was reading a scouting magazine, so Malachi went and picked up "Taste of Home" to read too!

McKenzie has been busy sewing. She made this little spring skirt. She gets her talent from her grandmother. It some how skipped me!

Mariah was working on her school work. When I went in there, she had gotten Myles up and layed him by her. He was watching her and kicking his legs.Madeline was cleaning the kitchen and had her book propped in the recipe book holder. She ALWAYS has her nose in a book! :>)


I stopped laying Malachi down for a nap a month or so ago. He requires less sleep than any of my others did. It was getting to where he would still be wandering around upstairs when I would be ready to go to bed. We put him down at 7:00 and he gets up around 6:00-6:30. Normally he does great, but we had a really busy weekend this week. He was watching a movie and fell asleep in his little chair. When this happens the girls all panic because they are afraid he won't go to bed that night! :>) So many "mamas" in this house. Oh- which reminds me of a couple of funny things I have overheard in the last couple of days.
I was on my hands and knees wiping up the laundry room floor and Malachi kept asking me for some milk. I heard Mariah whisper to him, "Don't beg. It works better if you only ask once."
Madeline was cleaning the kitchen and Mariah and Malachi were finishing up their lunch. Apparently they were competing to see who could eat the most. Madeline spoke up and said, "Let your body have wisdom. It is NOT a competition!" It is so funny to listen to their conversations! Never a dull moment around here!


Until next time...

2 comments:

Giann said...

I love McKenzie's skirt......the sewing gene passed me up also...*sigh...and the picture of Matthew and Malachi...priceless!!

Abigail and Lydia said...

Myles is so sweet! I just want to squeeze his thighs! Good job on the skirt McKenzie! It's pretty!
Love,
Abigail