Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wednesday evening ramblings...

Well, it is late and I have finally sat down for a few minutes. I am waiting on Marc and my oldest two children to come home from their Wednesday evening activities. This is the night that Marc has a men's meeting at church, Matthew has scouts at church and McKenzie quilts with a lady from church. I used to look forward to it until last week when I started having to milk her goat for her. It was a fiasco the first time I did it. The rooster tried to attack me the whole time I was doing it and the goat knocked her food bucket over. It was not a pleasant experience. I discovered that I like watching my children enjoy the farm life more than I like experiencing it myself! :>) Tonight went a little better. I put Malachi to bed at 7:00 and went out to do it. Mariah kept an eye on Myles and Madeline went out with me. She stood guard keeping the rooster away while I milked!

I have had these pictures of Malachi saved since last week and never had a minute to upload them. I thought they really showed his personality. He is such a funny little guy. He gets up in the morning and immediately dresses up. Right now he is on a "Zorro" kick. Matthew was complaining one day when Malachi asked him (probably for the hundredth time!) to help him get his chaps on. I reminded him of another little boy that was always dressing up too. It seems like just yesterday that Matthew was the one running around dressed up as his favorite character. They grow up so fast.

The weather has been just about perfect lately. Malachi asks me every day if he can eat lunch outside. Of course I say yes, because that means I don't have to clean up the crumbs! He always says, "Stank you mommy!"

Working on his baseball skills with daddy. ( Notice he has his chaps on even for baseball!)


Malachi is my child who has humbled me as a mom many times, but he is so much fun! While fixing breakfast this morning he held his gun up and said, "Hands up, before I blow my gun up!" Then he went into the laundry room and hid behind the treadmill and said, "I'm hiding, can you find me? I am in the laundry room!"
My independent spirit!

He hates these pajamas. He has two pair of long pants pajamas that he likes to wear. When I told one of his sisters to go get his "doggy pj's" he said, "No, not the tiny ones!" He meant "shorts".

He plays hard from the time he gets up until the time that we put him to bed at night.

My family just came in. I am off to bed!

1 comment:

Tracy said...

He's too cute and love the view from your front porch!