Saturday, May 22, 2010

Summer Project #1

Two posts in one day... :>) Can you tell it is summer?

Every summer I have such high hopes of getting lots done when we are out of school. We are as finished with school as we are going to be this year. It was a tough school year with a new baby and the accidents last fall. We have some things that we will be working on all summer, but it is no where near the normal work load! So, I decided today to tackle my first "summer project".

A couple of years ago I dug this little wooden table out of my parent's shed. It had been stripped and stuck in there. The heat had taken it's toll. I brought it home thinking I might do something with it, but it immediately went into our shed! We recently bought new living room furniture. It has been a process! We painted last fall, then finally (after picking it out over a year ago!) bought the couch, chair and ottoman. We are waiting to save for the tables. Because of rearranging things we had a wall that needed just a little something (and some light.) I thought about the little table wondering if it was even usable!

I cleaned it up, bought a quart of paint from Lowes and voila...

I thought it turned out pretty cute. I had hoped for it to be a little darker, but it will do. The little lamp sitting on it I found at Kirklands for $10. It has a Bible verse on it.

So, one project down and tons to go!!!

1 comment:

Abigail and Lydia said...

That is so cute!! I love it~ The lamp is really pretty, too!

Lydia