Monday, November 16, 2009

What happens when you are the sixth born.........

I propped Myles up in a chair so I could "quickly" mop the floors. While in the laundry room putting the mop away I started the laundry. I was then called to the office to help Madeline with an English lesson. An hour later I remembered Myles. Poor little guy had fallen asleep! Thank goodness he is a content little guy.
Then while holding him I needed to get some laundry out of the dryer. I thought it was smart to lay him on top to carry it to the living room. He didn't think it was such a good idea!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Busy Days.............................
Mondays are always hard. It seems like the house falls apart on the weekend and there is so much cleaning and laundry to do on Monday. School always seems to take more time on Monday too. There are days that I would love to send all of my children away! :>) No, I don't really mean it, but it does get tiring. The never ending grading of lessons, filling out lesson plan books, explaining that grammar lesson for the fiftieth time! or begging your husband for help with the upper level math! I mean it gets old! But then thinking of them NOT being with me is so sad. Having a husband that works in the public school system I hear plenty of stories that make me realize I really don't have a choice but to homeschool. I am grateful that I have the privilege to raise my children and to have them at home with me. I have heard the saying about having children, "Long days, short years." It is so true. The time is fleeting. I pray that I make the most of the time that I have with them and that one day each of our children will love the Lord with all of their hearts!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength. And these words which I command you today shall be in your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, when you walk by the way, when you lie down, and when you rise up. You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between you eyes. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates." Deuteronomy 6:5-9




Matt working on that grammar lesson!



I can't imagine missing moments like this!




"I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth." 3 John 4

2 comments:

Tracy said...

You are an amazing woman to be able to give sooo much to your family! I have to admit, I dont know how you do it. I only have 2 and after sending them off to school, its all i can do to get the house cleaned and meals planned/prepared before they get home again. You are an inspiration:)

Stephanie said...

Hey Marcy, I can so relate to this! So glad Myles is a flexible little guy!

We have had seasons where on Sunday evenings we have an all hands 15-minute house rescue--we set a timer and race the clock. It usually extends to 20 minutes, but everyone pitches in and the house is in pretty good shape afterwards (unless I have some other big, messy project going on). That has helped our Mondays when we do it.

I think we need to get back to it here. Thanks for the encouragement! Have a great week!