Sunday, November 1, 2009

Kids are funny..........

Mariah is always making us laugh. What makes her so funny is that she doesn't want to be funny. She says things that she thinks make her sound big and she doesn't like for us to laugh at her.
This past spring Marc and I had a chance to take our children to meet Jimmy Carter in person. After some thought (and some discouragement from our pastor!:>) we decided it was best not to go. He explained to the children that our beliefs were different than President Carters and that it would be compromising to go. I think he must have told the older ones that he was pro-choice. I am not sure what all was said or what Mariah understood but I overheard this conversation just the other day at the breakfast table. (The kids have educational type of place mats that they like to pull out and read at breakfast. One of them has the presidents on it. On this particular morning they were looking at it.)

Mariah: "That is Jimmy Carter. We didn't get to go see him because he hates babies."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am reading "Farmer Boy" to her right now. She was washing dishes with McKenzie one evening and I heard this.

Mariah: "Almonzo's family was pretty good tucked in, but Laura's family was poor."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

One day discussing Christmas with Madeline:

"We will just get Christmas presents from grandma because daddy's dollars are all going to the hospital."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Malachi was playing on the front porch with sidewalk chalk this evening. We were commenting on how sweet he was playing out there (and I was thinking of why I had never thought about doing that before!) when he came walking in with his jeans down and doing something funny with his nose. I knew he had tee teed off the porch but I asked him what he was doing with his nose. A few minutes later I took him into the bathroom to look up his nose and I saw a small piece of chalk shoved way up his nostril. I normally (and in the past have) would freak out over something like that, but the recent tradgedies have made things like this seem so minor. I plugged one nostril and told him to blow. He shot the chalk out onto the bathroom floor, bent over to pick it up and wiped it off on his shirt! He cried when I threw it away!



NEVER a dull moment! :>)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And, because it was just too cute not to share...............................................

1 comment:

Abigail and Lydia said...

Cute, cute, cute! I love the picture of Myles!He is getting so big!

Lydia