Sunday, November 29, 2009

Late night ramblings..........

Well it is getting close to midnight and I am waiting on McKenzie to get home from a babysitting job. I am too tired to do much of anything but need to stay awake, so I thought I would write a little.


We had a nice Thanksgiving at my parent's house. I am sure McKenzie will blog about it and post pictures, so I won't steal any of them! The day after Thanksgiving we stayed home and decorated the tree. Matthew really gets into Christmas decorations. We have always said that he will be a fun dad one day. I asked him if he was going to have lots of lights on his house one day and he said, "I will have so many that we won't even need lamps!" The way he has been pulling things out of the attic and putting them up I believe it! I have given up on doing it "my way". I would rather the kids have fun memories rather than a stressed out mom wanting things perfect.







Decorating the tree was wild! We have all of our ornaments in one big rubbermaid container. I have always passed out the decorations while the kids hang them up one by one. This year Malachi decided he should dig into the box too! We have many broken things now! I think we have counted almost ten Christmas ornaments and decorations that he has broken.
Malachi is our most active child thus far. He certainly keeps us on our toes (or maybe on our knees praying!) He is a very determined child. Tonight he had a penny in his mouth and when Marc told him to give it to him he swallowed it! Pediatric After Hours told me to take him to get an x-ray. Thank goodness I got the opinion of other moms and didn't waste our time or money! (Thanks Susan and Kellie!:) When we finally got him into bed he was up and down several times making sure all of the fifty toys that he sleeps with were arranged just so. Because bedtime is so hard with him, I rarely get a break! I know the Lord has made him the way he is for a reason. I do believe he will be a strong man one day, but it sure is exhausting raising him sometimes! I was cleaning off some of the pictures on our computer tonight and came across these two. This kind of sums up Malachi's personality! :>) (Oh, and I won't even talk about trying to take some Christmas pictures of the kids before leaving for church this morning! That is a whole other post!)
Well, I hear McKenzie coming in. Perfect timing! Until next time :>) .............


2 comments:

Marc said...

I see where the girls get their writing skills from. That was well said. I love him too but he sure can wear a dad out.

Love you,

Marc

Gran said...

Some day you will look back on Malachi's childhood and have many laughs. He reminds me of Kellie but at least she was a girl and not quite as active. I regret losing patience with Kellie so many times. She was always doing something. She made her "mark" on many things but I am proud of the strong young woman she is now. I "as a Grandma" think Malachi is hilarious. Nothing could have been cuter than when he walked in Thanksgiving. Love you - Mom