Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Wendesday evening ramblings.....

Today marks six months that we have had this little angel in our home.  He turned six months old on Sunday. In some ways it seems  like it has flown and in others it feels like he has been here forever.  I remember having "six months" in my head at the very beginning because that is about the earliest they will terminate parental rights.  I can't share much on here right now but we do have a court date coming up.   If you are reading this... prayers are very much appreciated!
 
I had no idea the love that we were going to experience when I went to pick him up from the hospital. I remember wondering if we would really be able to love someone else's child.  If you've ever wondered.... the answer is YES!  I couldn't love this little baby more if I had birthed him myself.  When the Lord is in something it is the most incredible thing ever!  We are blessed because he is in our lives!
 


Ok.... turn page.....  Why on earth would my boys do this to the soap!? :)  I used to buy liquid soap pumps for all of the sinks throughout the house.  Then I had three boys in a row. :)  They couldn't just get a little soap to wash their hands.  They had to do at least three full pumps.... or worse.... squirt the sink full of it.  When I started buying the "healthy" soaps it became quite expensive.  I decided it was time to do something else.  Whole Foods had these bars on sale a while back. I bought a bunch of them to bathe with and decided to put one on this cute little stone soap dish.  I went in there the other day and someone had broken off a corner of it. I have found bars with gouges taken out of them.  Grrrrr…..  Of course, no one knows who did it!


It has been a hard week.  Marc had to travel and I opted to stay home this time.   Just lots to do around the house and some school work that needed attention.  One of the things I needed to get done was getting fall/winter clothes out of the attic!  I hate that job!

Because of #minimalism I have really cleaned out mine and Marc's closet.  If you read my blog regularly you will remember that we remodeled our bedroom last spring and busted two of the closets out.  It left us with one large walk-in closet.  It is plenty big that we should be able to have our year round clothes in it so I weeded out to make that happen.  Even though the boys have a large walk-in closet too, there are three of them sharing it. AND... they have way too many clothes.  Mariah drug the containers out of the attic the other day and I have been wading my way through the sea of clothing for two days now!  I have donated two large bags, threw a pile out and still have more to go through.

It has been a mess but I'm almost there!  I also just decided to sell Macheus' dresser and Matthew is going to build a large dresser that hopefully two of the  boys can share.  I'm trying to free up space in their room.  It is a huge room with five sleeping spots because of the anticipation of more foster kiddos.  I really want it organized!


So... it's not perfect but it's pretty organized.  I was hanging up their clothes and had a flashback to when Matthew was the same size Malachi is wearing now.  I remember hanging his things in this same closet.  I can't believe that my "little boys" are getting so big. 

I get so overwhelmed with them most days.  They are wild!  As I was hanging their clothes up I just paused and thought about how blessed I am to have all of these children.  I have had two older ladies make comments recently that really made me think.  One at the dentist office gazed at Macheus and said..."He's so sweet.  I really miss those years."  Another lady on FB commented on a post about Myles.  She said,  "These truly are the best years."  I'm not a young mom anymore.  I get how fast it goes but sometimes I need a reminder to enjoy it!


We are finally having some cooler weather down here in the south!  It isn't fall without the smell of pumpkin bread baking in the oven. I made muffins last night and Mariah made this tonight.

Last week we had the fair in town!  It is always a highlight of our fall.  I have tons of pictures but too tired to upload them tonight, but I will do that soon!

I'm not proofreading any of this. I'm tired and headed to bed!

~Goodnight

 

No comments: