Tuesday, October 31, 2017

a not so little project...

 A couple of weeks ago Marc decided to go on a spontaneous camping trip with the boys.  I decided to do a spontaneous project in the kitchen! Ha... it ended up being a little bit bigger of a project than I had anticipated! :)

When we remodeled the kitchen (about four years ago) we put in granite countertops, a stone backsplash and repainted the cabinets white.  It is just impossible to keep white cabinets clean. I had the girls on rotating schedules of scrubbing them down but it just wasn't working.  I knew I couldn't do dark on top and bottom because of the black granite.  I decided on gray for the bottom and painted the top  white again.  I am very happy with the results!  The gray was super easy. We had oil based paint on them and I didn't want to have to sand or strip.  Lowes sells a new primer that will stick to ANY surface!  It was amazing!  I put a coat on everything and then used a cabinet paint that they sell.  It was very expensive but I think it will be worth it. I've already had to scrub a splash of green smoothie from a vitamix explosion and it cleans really well.  The top cabinets for whatever reason were really hard to cover.  We ( well, Marc ended up doing the top for me! I only finished the bottom the weekend they were gone.) ended up having to do a good two and in some places three coats.  I am very happy with the results and I think the gray on the bottom is going to stay nicer a lot easier than the white!

 
I don't think I ever posted our bathroom remodel.  We have remodeled two out of three of our bathrooms and plan to gut the master bath soon!  There is always a project!
 
~Until next time....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

It looks really nice Marcy!