Friday, November 18, 2016

Deer Season

Matthew has had a great deer season so far this year!  He went out a couple of weeks ago and brought back these two does. :)
 

He wanted me to go with him one weekend and I was just too tired (and had too much to do before bedtime.)  I promised him I would go with him on his next available evening which was last Wednesday. I ended up having to take my dad to the doctor that afternoon and was worried I wouldn't get back in time.  I left the doctor, ran into the store for my dad, took him to get something to eat and still managed to get home in time!  I literally ran in and ran back out!


We got in the stand about 4:30 and it didn't take me five minutes to start getting bored.  Every time I whispered he would tell me to be quiet. :) As I sat there watching him watch out the window.  I was  looking at this huge man that still seems like he should be five.  Wondering where the time went....


Now that McKenzie is married, and a mama, she is so much fun to talk to.  Being the oldest kid in the family, her siblings are her heart.  She loves them all dearly, but Matthew was her "buddy".  We often talk about how we have "GOT to love his wife"! :)   So... when I said to her that one day he would take his "girl" hunting and not ask me to go she said, "You've got to go!"  So... a hunting "I" went!


He saw several does come out of the woods and sat patiently waiting on something bigger.  I kept thinking.... just shoot something so we can get out of here! 


His patience paid off..... just  a few minutes later an eight point buck came out and he got him!


We climbed out of the stand and went to see his deer.  Took pictures and then he loaded him up on the back of his truck.

When we got home he got busy gutting the deer and getting it on ice...... and I went to take a shower!
Three deer in the freezer so far and VERY thankful for a boy that likes to hunt!

No comments: