Friday, January 15, 2016

Mac, Mexican, McKenzie and Mice! :)

It has been a LONG week!  Macheus was sick most of the week.  I ended up taking him to the doctor and all I really found out was that he was negative for strep and flu.  Whatever virus he had it sure kicked his tail!  He finished it off with a rash all over that finally faded today.  He has to go back next week for a repeat blood test.  I'm a little anxious about that but praying everything will be back to normal.


This picture was taken when we had to take Madeline to her college campus to pick up books.   We were waiting in the van on her and he was so grumpy.  Little did I know he was getting sick. :(
 

He stayed in my bed for two days!  I don't know that I have ever had a little one sick enough that they didn't attempt to play!  Yesterday was his first "normal" day this week!


School days....

Malachi has blossomed this school year.  He is good in math and has an unbelievable imagination and skill with building things.  Thank goodness his reading has taken off this year!  He loves reading his new Bible every night.  It is so sweet!

 
 Myles discovered puzzles!  I never thought he would sit still long enough to work one, but when he sets his mind to something he is so determined!


This morning it was a cold rainy morning and Macheus enjoyed my bed a little longer! :)
 

I spent the day today with McKenzie. She had an ob appointment and then we went shopping for maternity clothes.  We got sidetracked at Gymboree (which was much more fun!) and I bought something pink!  We were able to find some cute maternity clothes!  She thinks she is huge and had nothing to wear.  Her daddy gave me orders to go buy her some clothes.  So cute how she is still her "daddy's girl"!
 
 While we were out we had lunch at our favorite Mexican restaurant!  I love spending time with my children by themselves, and I am so thankful McKenzie is close enough that I still get to spend time with her!  I had a big "ding a ling" moment while we were eating.  This particular restaurant always asks your name when you get there and if you have been there before.  They give the slip of paper to the waiter/waitress and they greet you by name when they come to take your order.  The girl walked up and looked directly at McKenzie and said, "Welcome back, Marcy."  For whatever reason it made me laugh and I knew I wasn't going to be able to stop.  I felt so stupid and didn't want the girl to think I was laughing at her.  I said,  "I'm sorry. I'm Marcy and I don't know why I found that so funny."  I felt so stupid.  Ok.... that was really random! :)

I got home this evening and Madeline had dinner cooked for the family, and Mariah had kept the boys all day for me. I love my boys, but I sure don't know how I would manage without my girls!  It is great having both!
Madeline was standing in the kitchen and had this pained look on her face.  She said,  "Oh, I said I wouldn't tell you!!!  I have to!! Matthew saw a mouse in the office last night!"  I immediately left the house to go buy traps (we haven't had mice in several years!) and texted Matthew and called him a "traitor".  He texted back and asked what I was talking about.  I simply texted back, "Mouse".  He said he didn't want me to worry about it when I had so much else going on.  He had planned on setting traps tonight.  Needless to say the underneath part of our house is filled with poison and we have snap traps set!  We are pretty sure it came (or at least that is where it went back to!) from a vent.  Marc is going to check all of the duct work tomorrow!  I HATE roaches, snakes and mice!!!  We live in the country and thankfully rarely have any problems.  And I am thankful!
 
~Goodnight

No comments: