Friday, January 8, 2016

Friday night ramblings...


Phew! It has been a long week!  We started with a bang when last Sunday evening we got back into town after church and discovered an injured horse.


Madeline's horse "Mocha" had somehow gotten her leg tanged in the fencing and cut it really bad.  Not something you want to see ever but especially on the weekend!

              (This is actually a picture of Mariah on "Candy". "Mocha" is the darker bay.)


Because we do all of our shots and things ourselves we rarely need a vet.  Our "horse friend/neighbor" came down and called every vet in the area and found one that would come out. $1000 later she is all stitched up and Madeline has an hours worth of work each day for months! OUCH!  Nothing like a hit on the budget to start the new year!



                                               (Not a happy girl.... Madeline nor the horse!)

The cut was about ten inches long and went to her bone.  Thankfully it didn't cut any tendons so she should have a full recovery.


 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
Monday morning we started our "back to school after Christmas break" with the kids STEM Science classes at the Air Force base.  This has been the best thing ever for the boys!  It is stretching Malachi academically.  He is learning a lot of science but also how to do research.  Pretty cool for a nine year old!

I honestly didn't know how Myles was going to do in these classes.  I think he is a very smart kid, but he is really immature.  I have the hardest time at home getting him to focus when I am teaching him.  He would much rather be playing outside. (I know.... what boy wouldn't rather be outside!)  I have been amazed at how well he has done.  This week they studied simple machines.  They read stories, watched a movie, built a simple machine and went on a scavenger hunt out in the museum area.


I stay the entire time that they are in their classes.  I snuck and snapped this picture of him and he spotted me. :o)


Monday morning when we loaded up to go, the van wouldn't start.  Matthew was still home so he tried to jump it off.  When that didn't work we loaded up into our pick up truck.  It is a big F-250 with a hitch on the back.  After classes we were sitting at a busy intersection and a car slammed into the back of us.  The guy pulled off into a parking lot and when I pulled in and called for the police to come the guy sped off.  It was the weirdest thing to be the "victim" of a hit and run! :o)  Thankfully we were all fine and the truck was not damaged.  The hitch probably did some serious damage to his car though!  We were so thankful that our van was dead that morning!  It probably would have damaged the bumper and thankfully all we had to do is put a new battery in it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matthew got a deer a few days ago.  It wasn't as big as he had hoped, but it is getting late into deer season and it was the first chance he had to get one. We are hoping for at least one more this weekend!  It is so awesome that he can do the entire process himself from shooting it to putting it in the freezer!
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Today was a really busy day!  I had lots of phone calls to make trying to get my dad's house ready to rent again. (The joys of having renters destroy your property!)  That on top of babysitting a three year old little boy AND trying to homeschool made for a crazy day!  McKenzie asked me to help her with something this afternoon.  When I finished teaching the boys  I had two errands to run.  After that I headed to McKenzie's house and helped her with what she needed.  I told her I was going to get a pedicure and she decided to go with me!
 

We were cracking up because the Asian gals in there always try to talk us into spending more money.  The girl looked at McKenzie and said, "Oooh... you need eyebrow done, huh?"  McKenzie ended up letting her do her eyebrows.  Both of us asked for the extra "hot stone massage" and both girls said, "No, you need callous treatment instead."  So... we both had our callouses worked on.  Maybe next time they will let us pick what we want! :o)  I was never a pedicure person until I realized that they work wonders on my "runners feet"! 

 
After our pedicures we headed next door to Publix where Matthew was working, bought some groceries and then headed home!

Well, Matthew just got home from work and I am headed to bed!

~Goodnight!

No comments: