Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas Busyness

I can't believe tomorrow is Christmas Eve!  The month has been a whirlwind of work, but I have purposed a few times to slow down and enjoy my kiddos.
 
Every year I take each child out to eat by themselves and to get their Christmas shopping done. I always enjoy that special time focusing on that one child.  This year was the first year that Matthew went and did all of his on his own.  Glad that he is growing up and becoming independent, but a little sad too.
The other night Marc and I took the little boys out to do a little shopping and to see Santa.  I thought Macheus would scream but surprisingly he didn't!  He didn't love him, but at least he sat for a picture!
 

We don't really "do" Santa, but we always tell them about the real Saint Nicholas and focus on the character quality of being generous.  After the boys walked away Malachi said, "I know Santa isn't real, but isn't it cool that he is dressed up like the real St. Nick!"


Not sure what Myles thought of him.  He was quick to tell him that he was a good boy.  Santa Claus got a kick out of him! :)


I know there is strong opinion on both sides with Christians on the whole "Santa" thing.  Some people feel like it is part of childhood and tell their kids he comes and brings gifts and some act like he is evil.  While we have never told our children that Santa was real or that he brought them gifts if they were "good", I don't think there is anything "evil" about letting them have fun with it at Christmas time.  No different than any other childhood fun to me.  My older children don't feel deprived that Santa didn't bring their gifts when they were little, nor do they struggle because they got to have their picture made with him! :)


A friend of mine got my pictures off of Facebook and turned them into these different designs.  I loved the one above of Myles.  It looks like a painting!



Well, my presents are all bought, most are wrapped, gifts have all been delivered to various friends around us and I have most of my groceries bought.  My girls and I will venture out tomorrow along with all of the other last minute people and gather our last bit of groceries before the stores close tomorrow!  Tomorrow evening all of my children will be under one roof for dinner and a Christmas movie.
I can't ask for anything better than that!
~Goodnight~

No comments: