Saturday, May 17, 2014

Mother's Day

The weather couldn't have been more perfect.  I love this time of year!  We visited a church about thirty minutes away that morning.  It was a very nice church service.
 

 My last Mother's Day picture with all of my kiddos at home! :(

 
When we got home the girls worked in the kitchen and fixed a yummy lunch.  I like light, cold food this time of year.  They did a wonderful job!


 


Later in the afternoon we made homemade ice cream!  I think Macheus was hoping grandpa would share. :o)



                             Myles ate, and ate, and ate......


Nothing yummier than homemade vanilla ice cream with chocolate syrup!


 The kids showered me with presents.  It was so sweet seeing the things that they picked out.  (I'm pretty sure Marc helped with the little boys' present. :o)

 McKenzie got me this cool chalkboard stand.  They were all so thoughtful with the things they gave me.

 
Ok, I couldn't leave off this last picture.  Matthew gave me his present and when I opened the card it said  "How about a night out with me this week?"  So, the other night just the two of us went out for pizza and then shopping.  Marc and I try to do one on one things with the kids but I rarely do anything by myself with Matthew. I love being able to focus on just one child.  It was such a sweet night listening to him talk about his goals for the future.  After we ate we took several pictures with the phone just being silly. :o)

 
It was a wonderful day filled with lots of sweet memories with my family.  Life is so fast paced.... sometimes I have to slow down and reflect on how blessed I am.

No comments: