Friday, May 23, 2014

Graduation Celebration

When we began talking about Matthew's graduation he told me he didn't really want a graduation ceremony like we had for McKenzie.  I was a little bit sad but realized his personality is very different than hers.  He is the kind of guy that would rather have one good friend (and he is very loyal!) than have a big group of acquaintances.
We gave him some options of things we could do for his graduation.  He decided he wanted to go on a little weekend get-away with just Marc and I.  (Well, right now Macheus is attached, so he went  along.)
 
 
 We took a trip to Atlanta which conveniently meant it was all about Braves baseball!  I had such a "guy" weekend. :o)

 
Macheus was so good the whole time.  He is a pretty happy fellow.
 
 
Even the restaurant where we ate was "baseball" themed. 
 

 
After we ate we took a walk around Turner Field.

 
The next morning Matthew and I left our hotel and went running around the stadium.  He thought it was cool to say he had run around Turner Field and I was just glad to get a workout in!



We went to the CNN center.  That is a pretty neat place to see.



Atlanta's Ferris Wheel is 20 stories high.



                                              Centennial Olympic Park



                                                 Being goofy. :o)



Underground Atlanta.  This was a big disappointment.  We haven't been there since the older kids were young and it has changed a lot.



I have a picture of McKenzie, Matthew and Madeline next to this when they were little.



The capitol-   Fun fact:  The gold used to cover the dome was mined from Dahlonega.  It took three days for  a seven mule caravan to take the gold to Atlanta.  Yes, I am a home school mom. :o)  I have done Georgia History three times so far. :o)

 
This freaked me out!  Window washers hanging by cables!  It was a LOT higher than this picture makes it look!  And it appears that that was a platform underneath them but it wasn't.  That was a separate building next door.

 
The Braves store at the CNN Center.

 
The fountain show at Olympic Park.

 
                                                Happy Baby!

 
Their expressions cracked me up.  You'd have to see the sight that was in front of them to get how funny their reactions were.  Oh the things you see in a city!

 
The highlight of the trip for Matt was the BRAVES game!  He was the first one through the gate! :o)

 
The year he was born! :o)

 
Another captured expression that made me laugh.  He walked all over the stadium!

 
 




     The pitcher and catcher for the game. Can't remember their names. Yes, I'm a huge sports fan! :o)



                                                       Smiley boy.




                                        Baseball is serious stuff. :o)


He was pretty excited that he got a foul ball too.



It was pretty fun to watch the post game news people.  We don't have television so Matthew listens to the Braves on the radio.  He got to see (and hear) the radio guy that he always listens to.


 
It was a good weekend making memories with our son.  It seems so weird that he is finished with highschool.  I am thankful that I had him home with me all these years.  The time goes by so fast!

1 comment:

Matthew said...

Looks like it was a fun trip, and a cool way to celebrate the occasion!

I can definitely understand the whole not wanting a big grad party thing--my graduation was quite low key too.

Congrats again to Matthew from Matthew in Michigan :)