Wednesday, May 8, 2013

One year...

This past Sunday, May 5th was the first anniversary of my mom's death.  I can't believe we have now gone through all of the "firsts without her".  The year has definitely been an emotional roller coaster.
I wanted to do something out of the normal routine with my dad that day.  We packed a picnic and took off for a trip to a wild animal zoo.  It had rained ALL week long and was calling for rain that day too.  We decided to risk it and go anyway.  I am so glad we did because the weather couldn't have been more perfect!  God definitely showed His favor on us that day.




 Grandpa took the two little boys on a train ride.  It was precious.  I said the only thing that could have made it more perfect was if Grandma was sitting there too. :o(
                         Madeline, Myles and I were the only ones that didn't touch the snake!
                                                 Matt showing us how strong he is! :o)





                                                     
                  He actually slowed down enough for me to take a picture!

It was a good day,  and I know we will all cherish the memories we made with "Pa".  At the end of the day we all said that Grandma would have approved.  We did something fun AND had ice cream.  She always wanted the grand kids to have fun!

2 comments:

Marc said...

Great Post! It was a good day for building memories.

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

oh the mixed emotions that come with losing a loved one.... so glad to see wonderful memories you are making!
God Bless!