Sunday, August 12, 2012

Stone Mountain Trip

Back in June the girls and I went on a "girls only" weekend to Stone Mountain. Besides that being the exact weekend that the "icky" pregnant sickness started, we had a great time!


This was the view from our balcony. The lake was beautiful!

The first thing we did when we got there was hike to the top of the mountain.



On top of Stone Mountain.


This was Mariah's first time hiking the mountain.


We had a picnic at the grist mill. It was a very nostalgic trip because I grew up going to Stone Mountain as a child when we would go to Atlanta to visit our grandparents.


The grist mill


That night we watched the laser show. I think it was better this year than it has been in the past few years. It seemed like there was more patriotic music.


McKenzie made these flip-flops for Mariah. :o)Getting ready for the 4-D movie.







The day we left we drove past my grandparents old house. It was very sad seeing it and thinking about my mom being a teenager in that house! We have pictures of my parents when they were dating standing next to this tree ( it was REALLY tiny then!) My siblings and I climbed the tree when we were little.


I remember writing lots of letters to 501 Greenridge Circle! I know the bird poop is gross, but I had to take a picture because this is the same mailbox my grandparents had when they lived there!


Well, thanks for taking a walk down memory lane with me! :o)

1 comment:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

such great memories... thanks for sharing them with us!