Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Atlanta Trip

Several weeks ago (yes, I am behind on my blog...) Marc had a business trip to Atlanta. He likes for me to go with him when I can. If it is somewhere that has a lot to do I like to take a couple of the kids with us too. This time we took Matthew and Madeline (and of course Myles!)

The first night we went to the Varsity to eat. I don't think their food is that great (my slaw dogs are much better in my opinion!) but there is something nostalgic about going there. I always think about when my parents were growing up in Atlanta and picture them going there. It was Madeline's first time going and she thought it was pretty neat.




Myles loved the Varsity hats! :o)



Boy can Matthew eat!



Me and my sweet girl.


Myles had fun at the pool.





The gold dome in the background is the state capitol. The gold that they used to make it was from Dahlonega, Georgia. Matthew told me that he read somewhere that if you rolled up the gold it would be the size of a soccer ball.

We toured the CNN center. That was pretty interesting. Since we don't have television we watched CNN at the hotel so we could see their news people. :o) We actually saw one of the ladies doing a live interview that we had seen on t.v. that morning. The guy that did our tour told us that you wouldn't even recognize the news ladies without their hair and makeup done. Matthew thought that was funny!




A whole lot more goes into a news program that you ever realize!






Matthew's favorite place on the whole trip was the Braves store. Yes, that is where he spent his money! :o)






Matthew being goofy in Olympic Park.




We had a good trip but it is always great to go back home!

No comments: