Sunday, March 13, 2011

Sunday evening...

It was a beautiful weekend, upper 70's and sunny! It was perfect for being outside, and that is where we were pretty much all weekend!


They have had so much fun running around with the baby goats. It is adorable to watch them hop around and run.

Marc bought the girls a round pen for their horses. We have been searching for a used one for over a year. It seems people don't want to part with their horse pens! It is going to be nice for moving around the field and getting the grass eaten down!
When Marc and I went to town Friday night to get the round pen I had to return a few things to Kohls. He knows that if I have a coupon in my hand I probably won't come out empty-handed! I passed a display of graduation 2011 picture frames. I glanced at them and thought- MY child is graduating this year! I don't know what it was, but seeing that frame it just hit me! I decided to use my coupon and get one for her, and I wanted to cry as I was buying it! You know your children are going to grow up but it just goes by so fast! I think that is why I cherish the little things with my younger ones so much. (Not that I didn't with the older ones, but I know how fast it goes now!) I keep journals and write the funny things that they say, trace their hands, take tons of pictures, save their artwork AND write this blog! There are times that I just stop and watch them and wish that I could stop time. Times like this weekend when they are running around playing without a care in the world. Watching McKenzie garden and working so diligently with her animals knowing that she probably doesn't have many years left at home. Seeing Matthew out in the yard working by his dad's side and so thankful that he is content to be there. Yes, it would be nice to stop time...
"To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:" Ecclesiastes 3:1


3 comments:

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

I am so glad you have the joy of the Lord... the joy of being a mother and wife.... too many women today have lost that joy!
Praise the Lord that you have your children's hearts.
God bless you and your family!

The Pauls' Family said...

Wow, the weather looks great. We are still under piles of snow here!!!

I hear you about it just hitting you that your child is growing up. And even though we know it is a necessary part of life, and we don't want to keep them from it, it is a challenge sometimes to be excited about it! And I am so thankful that we have younger ones along with our older ones, because it has made me realize, like you said, that time goes by so fast and we need to enjoy like crazy these years because it won't be long before they are all grown up too! I love the grown up years and the married children years and love, love the grandchildren years, but there will always be a special place in my heart for those younger years! What a joy they are :)

Blessings as you continue to enjoy all the stages of your family :)

Rosalie

Kathy - mom of many said...

Hi Marcy,
Congratulations on your daughter, McKenzie, graduating this year. My Stephanie is also graduating. It sure does go fast. Do you have an email address I can write to you at? I ended my giveaway last night and I entered you (I hope that was okay, I'm not 100% positive you wanted to be entered...) Anyway, the book "Unstuff - Making Room In Your Life for What Really Matters" by Hayley and Michael DiMarco. If you will email me your mailing address, I'll get it out to you. Kathy