Saturday, March 26, 2011

Saturday ramblings...

Malachi's artwork...

It was a permanent black marker and thankfully he only drew on his cheek. He was quite pleased with himself. He said he was drawing "whiskers". :)
I am a firm believer that children don't need a lot of stuff. I think it stifles their creativity. We had a basketball goal for years that finally bit the dust. We told Matthew (being that he is a baseball player- not a basketball player) that we weren't spending money on another one. One day after school I heard him banging out by the barn. He took the rim and made a "new" goal.


I really love the tarp wrapped around the tree. :) He told me it was like the cushion that they have on the gym walls below the goals. I thought he was pretty creative. He is pretty handy to have around.


We had a spring rain late this afternoon. It was so pretty this evening looking out the front door at the freshly cut green grass. The pecan trees have buds that are bursting open. This is my absolute favorite time of the year!


No comments: