Monday, February 7, 2011

My warriors...

Malachi wakes up in the morning and puts some sort of a "dress up" outfit on everyday. It might be his cowboy stuff, soldier, military or a mixture of all of it. He loves his guns and swords. Myles loves Malachi's swords and guns too and it causes problems sometimes! Marc and I were at Target one evening and saw foam swords in the $1 bin! Malachi was so excited that Myles had a sword. They were so funny having a sword fight. What does a one year old know about sword fighting!? He has quickly figured it out.

You can't tell, but in this picture Myles was screaming he was so excited!






Myles has played in the same playroom his entire life. He has had equal access to the toy kitchen, dishes, baby dolls... and guns, swords and trucks. He likes the boy stuff. He even makes "boy noises" when he plays with them. Funny how secular parenting magazines like to make you think boys and girls are the same. They are NOT! The other day I was looking at a friends newborn baby's pictures. Matthew looked over my shoulder and said, "I didn't tell you at the time, but when Myles was born I thought he looked like a lizard." McKenzie and I were both mad at him! Later that same day I was telling my children about a really neat adoption story I had read on a blog. He said, "It doesn't make me feel all tender when I hear that kind of thing." I told him when he became a daddy one day he would. His answer was... "I hope not." Yes, I do believe they are different! (Oh, by the way...the sword didn't last two days! Guess he had a $1 worth of fun though!)

1 comment:

Marc said...

I wonder who they take after? Hmmm I wonder...

Love you,

Marc