Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Wednesdays evenings.........

Wednesday evenings my husband and two oldest children go to church. The church we go to is over an hour away. On Wednesday nights the men have a Bible study and the boys have their Boy Scout meeting. McKenzie goes to a lady's house to quilt while they are at their meetings. I enjoy the time with the younger ones. Each week I try to do something with them that I might not otherwise do. Last week we made cookies. Malachi was helping dump the chocolate chips in and they spilled everywhere. He started eating them as hard as he could go! Now remember when you look at these pictures, my photographer is gone on Wednesday nights! :>) Marc bought a Nikon D 60 for me before Myles was born. I am just not a technical person! I think I took prettier pictures with my old 35 mm! McKenzie knows much more about the new camera than I do!


Eating chocolate chips as fast as he can!


Finished eating their cookies!

Good raw milk! Chocolate and milk just have to go together!
For those of you that want a "healthy" cookie recipe, this is our favorite! We just adapted a chocolate chip cookie recipe to the way we like them. Anytime we go out of town we take a batch with us. Maybe not exactly "health food", but a whole lot better than store bought stuff! :>)
2 sticks butter
2 cups sucanat (we use sucanat with honey or raw cane sugar)
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups whole wheat flour (we have used hard and soft wheat)
2 1/2 cups oats
1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup raisins
You make them just like any cookie recipe, creaming the sugar and butter, adding vanilla and eggs, then dry ingredients. Bake at 350 for about 12 minutes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This week they had fun making Valentines!




Malachi got caught with his sister's purse. (No, he didn't want the pink purse, he wanted the chocolate that he knew was inside the purse!)






"But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

4 comments:

Christie said...

Yum! I'll have to make a batch of these up for my kiddos... they're sure to appreciate it!

Marc said...

I am ready for another batch!!!!

Love ya,

Marc

Willys and Elizabeth (Lizzie) said...

those cookies sound delicious and I think I have everything on hand that it calls for so I may make some tonight...

thanks so much for sharing the recipe!

Abigail and Lydia said...

I'll have to try that recipe. I haven't made cookies with both raisens and chocolate chips inside in a long time but I love that combination. Sounds really good!:D
Love,
Abigail