Friday, September 18, 2009

Conversations with Our Children

Conversation with our six year old:

Mariah: "Mama, why do pigs like mud?"

Me: "I guess they like to dig in it. That is just the way God made them."

Mariah : "Well, I would want to be a pig to ya'll."

Not knowing what she was talking about.....

Me: "Why would you want to be a pig to us?"

Mariah: "Because I know ya'll wouldn't eat me."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Conversations with our three year old:

In the middle of our local health food store..........

Malachi: (very loudly) "Mommy, are you fat?"

Me: "No Malachi I am not fat."

Malachi: (looking surprised) "Are you SKINNY?"

Me: "No Malachi, I am pregnant."

Malachi: (as if a light bulb went on) "Oh, yeah, you are pre-nant!"


A few days later while at the midwife's office:

Malachi: "You are FAT mommy!"

Me: "No I am not fat."

Malachi: "Are you pre-nant?"

Me: "Yes, I am pregnant." "Malachi, you are fat."

Malachi: "No I NOT fat! I PRE-NANT!"

1 comment:

Abigail and Lydia said...

That is hilarious! I loved reading them!

Lydia