Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Catching Up

Well, I knew when my daughter (http://www.pecanpastures.blogspot.com/) talked me into doing a blog that I wouldn't be very consistent! That has proven to be true. My intentions are there, I just don't have enough hours in the day!

I am close to 22 weeks along in the pregnancy now. I went to the midwife the day that I figured was 20 weeks (they say I am three days further) for my ultrasound. We debated on just me and my husband going or taking the whole family. We have always taken the children with us to the 20 week ultrasound. We have never had a two year old like Malachi though! I hated for the others to miss this once in a lifetime opportunity, so we all packed up and went. The lady that does the ultrasound was very sweet and didn't seem bothered by the large crowd in her tiny room. Malachi watched the big screen on the wall and immediately said, "baby!" We saw a very healthy baby................................ and decided not to tell anyone! :>) All of our children know except the two youngest. As we were leaving I asked Mariah (6) if she knew what the baby was. I was curious to see if she had picked up on it while everyone was talking. She said, No, I know I can't know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Baseball news


Matthew hit his first home run on the big field!!! It was his goal at the beginning of the season to hit a home run and he really thought it would be cool to hit it over the fence and hit someone's F-150. I told him I thought that was a terrible thing to wish for, but he thought it would really be cool. Well, this week is the last week of the season and he had only hit one home run during a practice. Last night he was up at his first time to bat. He had two strikes on him and he slammed one so hard that it was like a bullet. It flew right over the fence and slammed into the side of a moving.............. yes, you guessed it, a new, white F-150!!! I felt bad for the poor man that was bound to have a big dent in the side of his pick-up truck, but I was so excited for Matthew! He looked like it didn't really sink in with him as he rounded the bases and was greeted by his whole team at home base. It was so cute seeing his grin. For those of you that know Matt, he is a pretty low key guy. He didn't show a whole lot of emotion, but he did have a grin! :>)

We had been praying this whole season that Matthew would have success this season. He is so diligent with his practicing and is just such a good boy. When I see how a lot of boys his age are, I am so thankful that he is still just an innocent boy that works hard and plays hard. When Marc was still coaching high school ball he was told by a fellow coach that didn't understand the life he chose to live that "Good guys finish last." I am so thankful that Matthew is learning at a young age that hard work and diligence pay off. Good guys CAN finish first!


4 comments:

Gran said...

Yeah, Matthew!!!!!!!!!

Monica said...

I'll have to tell Clayton about Matthew's home run. He'll be impressed. I'm glad Mariah is looking out for her "Christian" rooster. That was cute!

Abigail and Lydia said...

You have some major caching up to do!! : )

Lydia

~ McKenzie Elizabeth~ said...

Hey Momma!
I enjoyed your post!:) But... Lydia is right you and I have some major "catching" up to do!
I love you!

~McKenzie Elizabeth~