Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Busy days....

Sometime in January the boys finished up their astronomy study with Madeline.  We are doing Apologia Anatomy and Physiology now.
I was at Aldi one day and saw some science kits and they had a planet one.  Malachi is my kid that loves to build and make things, so this kept him busy one afternoon.
 

I'm amazed at how much they learn!   There are so many things that I don't remember learning in school.  I love that homeschooling can make things come alive with field trips and extra projects!


                                               (Note to self:  Malachi needs a haircut. :)  )


Last weekend Mariah had her piano festival and she received "superior"!  She stays busy with piano and violin lessons, and this past fall added theater!  The girl keeps me hopping!


Her daddy took her and  of course, they had to stop for some coffee. :)

 
Today is the first day of spring, and it is actually cooler than it was last week!  I am ready for spring!!!
 
I love when the bulbs come up!  Daffodils always remind me of Madeline because I picked a bouquet of them while out walking when I was in labor with her!  We always know Madeline's birthday is near when we see them come up!
 


This was actually a couple of weeks ago.  Our woods are starting to look a little thicker and greener.  We have been letting the horses out of their pasture to graze since everything is growing.

 
I couldn't find the pictures that I took of the front of our house, but we had these huge bushes that the original owners planted.  For whatever reason they never cut them, so even with us trying to shape them over the years they just never looked very good.  My mom once told me the name of them, but I can't remember now.  I decided to let Matthew chop them all down, and the front of the house looks so much better now!  We figured with him butchering them to the ground that the stumps would die over the winter and we would plant something new.  Madeline spread pine straw across the front and I just enjoyed how much more open and "clean" it looked!  I noticed though that they are coming back!  I am really excited because number one, we won't have to spend money on more landscaping, but also because they looks so much thicker and healthier!  I plan to keep them very low since I really like the openness of the front porch. I will have to take pictures when we start planting flowers. :)  We also have a huge butterfly bush at the end of the front porch that is overgrown.  We plan to replace that this spring!  This is my favorite time of the year! :)

~Until next time...

No comments: